Posted 20 hours ago

The Wrexham Killings : A Snowdonia Murder Mystery (A DI Ruth Hunter Crime Thriller Book 16)

ZTS2023's avatar
Shared by
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Next to give evidence was Mr Bull, who was positioned behind a screen. He told the court that he had been friends with Mr Walley for 'quite a long time' and that he knew of Jones, but didn't consider him a friend. Police are investigating the unexpected death of a a 40 year-old-man on a housing estate in north Wales.

Paramedics said they were were called to a property on Pentre Gwyn in Caia Park, Wrexham, shortly after 6:15pm last night, Monday 23 October. The nature of the incident is yet to be confirmed. The defendant watched the police looking for the body from the top of a nearby slag heap, hiding in bushes, wearing camouflage clothing and using binoculars.

The circumstances surrounding this incident have been the subject of widespread social media speculation, and we are aware that many young people may have been affected by this. As such, School Liaison Officers and the Neighbourhood Policing Team are working closely with colleagues at Wrexham Council to offer the appropriate support and reassurance to the local community.” The next witness brought into court was Ms Attia Jones, who never met Mr Walley in person but had become friends with him through Snapchat some four or five days before his death. PC Scott Duncan also provided a statement as he was present for the arrest of Jones. He states that the defendant's left hand was 'bleeding profusely'. The jury heard how married father-of-two Reszpondek met divorcee Ms Rodgers - known as Tati - at a Dairy Crest plant in Wrexham. But the jury of six men and five women took seven hours to dismiss his story following a three-week trial.

He tells the jury that he did speak with Mr Walley between 2pm and 2.30pm that day and that he sounded like he had been 'drinking heavily'. Mr Walley asked if Mr Bull wanted to come and watch the football with him and Jones at his flat. As investigations into a murder case in Wrexham continue, a second man, who was arrested on suspicion of murder, has been released on bail today. ‌​‌‌​​​‌‍‌​‌​‌‌‌​‍‌​‌​‌‌​​‍‌​​‌‌‌‌​‍‌​​​​‌‌​‍‌​‌​‌​‌‌‍‌​​‌​‌‌‌‍‌​​‌‌​‌​‍‌​​​​‌‌​‍‌​‌‌‌‌‌​‍‌​​​‌‌​‌‍‌​​‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌​‌​‌‌‍‌​​‌​‌‌‌‍‌​​‌​‌‌​‍‌​​‌‌​‌​‍‌​​​‌​​‌‍‌​​‌‌​‌​‍‌​​​‌‌​​ The fourth witness called to the stand was Charlotte Upton who was Jones' probation officer and said that she had had 'no issues' with the defendant.

Jailing him for life, Mr Justice Lloyd-Jones told him: “The premature and pointless death of Ermatati Rodgers will leave a permanent shadow over the lives of her family and friends.” Ms Jones was asked about screenshots of a call log taken from her phone between herself and Mr Walley. She confirms that Mr Walley and herself had called one another on July 11 and that conversation lasted over 20 minutes at around 4.30pm. Mr Jones branded Reszpondek determined and cold, and said he had done everything he could to protect himself.

At 6:42am on June 12 John Ithell, of Pentre Gwyn, Wrexham, was found on a lane adjacent to Cefn Road, Wrexham. ‌​‌‌​​​‌‍‌​‌​‌‌‌​‍‌​‌​‌‌​​‍‌​​‌‌‌‌​‍‌​​​​‌‌​‍‌​‌​‌​‌‌‍‌​​‌​‌‌‌‍‌​​‌‌​‌​‍‌​​​​‌‌​‍‌​‌‌‌‌‌​‍‌​​​‌‌​‌‍‌​​‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌​‌​‌‌‍‌​​‌​‌‌‌‍‌​​‌​‌‌​‍‌​​‌‌​‌​‍‌​​​‌​​‌‍‌​​‌‌​‌​‍‌​​​‌‌​​ He also confirmed that he had seen a clip where Jones told his private Snapchat friends that he wanted to ‘chef up’ someone (slang for putting a knife in someone). The defendant must have thought that on the Monday morning they were likely to move into the actual field and find the body. Mr Meadows described Jones’ personality as ‘being all over the place’ and that his behaviour was ‘erratic’. He confirmed that he recognised one of those voices as Mr Walley but did not know the other - now known to be Jones.From day one, there was a determination and a coldness about him that it was clear he would do whatever it took to frustrate the police inquiry,” the detective added. Mr Walley's family earlier paid tribute to the "loving, caring and kind" man, saying that his death has left them "absolutely devastated". Officers were called to a housing estate in Rhosymedre just after 5pm on Sunday, July 11 where 19-year-old Kyle Walley was found dead at a property.

Following the verdict, Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jones said: “I don’t think we will ever know what the motive was. The third witness in court was Michael Farmer, who appeared via video link. He told the jury that he had known Mr Walley for ‘a couple of years’ and that he also knew Jones through mutual friends. The coroner has been informed and we are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death."He then described seeing a man - now recognised as Jones - making off with a bike from the flats. He also overheard the defendant say: I’ve stabbed someone, he’s dead” and “what am I going to do now?” Overseeing Judge Justice Eyre then called the second witness to the stand - David Davies who was in attendance at court.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment